Total Pageviews

Monday, September 20, 2010

The Verdict


I just got a message on my phone sent in public interest by Vodafone (I guess!!!), it read, “Do not react to senseless SMS targeted to create rift in the name of 24th Verdict.” Verdict!? For what!? Killing thousands of people in the name of something intangible? Couldn’t we very well see that certain people were getting annihilated for having a name which sounded a little different from somebody else’s. Do we need a 20 year long trial for genocide?
The whole country is looking forward to or maybe not, the verdict on Babri Masjid(oh, or am I supposed to refer to it as Shri Ram Janam Bhoomi?). Instead of accepting the verdict by the country’s judiciary system, our noted leader, Mr. L K Advani has already stated that they would move to the apex court. I just hope they do that rather than annihilating scores of innocent people (cos I don’t wanna get killed for keeping a French beard and saying salaam aleykum(which literally means may peace be upon you)) for their voracious appetite for power or money or whatever. Can’t he see that we have bigger problems in our country like illiteracy, farmer suicide, food-water shortage, unemployment, famines, floods, insanitary living conditions? Why are our politicians so blind? Or I guess they are just not into it!!!
However, I guess I have gamut of ‘maybe’ solutions post-24th verdict to save innocent lives from these blood sucking monsters.
1) UID!! This can be a solution!! Maybe we can assign numbers to people, so then they won’t be judged by their names and killed. “Hi I am 50047612458, please don’t kill me.”
2) Maybe we can have a school or a hospital named, Ram-Rahim hospital, or maybe inscribe Ram-Rahim on every brick that is used to lay the building. Maybe that will make them think twice before tearing down the building.
3) Maybe we can follow the genocidal path of our great leaders and give them a taste of their own modus operandi. Kill-em all, our great leaders, our legal extremist groups, groups which spread communal discord, ones who sell death in the name of god, corrupt officials etc. and make the world a better place to live in.
Maybe then I’ll get a message from Vodafone as a public notice. “Welcome to the new world order, a better place to live in.”

No comments: